Andrew Kolb represents clients in a variety of commercial matters including litigation in state and federal courts. Andrew’s practice focuses on matters arising from state and local tax matters, business planning, regulatory compliance, contract negotiations, and real estate matters. Andrew also has extensive experience in representing insurers in coverage disputes, bad faith claims, fraud allegations and breach of contract disputes across all lines of insurance.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D.-B.C.L., 2002
- Junior Associate, Louisiana Law Review
- Northwestern State University, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
ABOUT THE FIRM
Andrew Kolb founded Kolb Law Firm to provide high level legal services on complex matters in a flexible, nimble and cost-effective setting.
Commercial Litigation and Business MATTERS
- Represent clients in contract negotiations and disputes.
- Assist business clients with regulatory compliance.
- Counsel healthcare industry clients in a variety of business matters.
- Litigation of corporate dissolution, breach of fiduciary duty, and shareholder/member valuation issues.
- Prosecute and defend Unfair Trade Practices Act claims.
- Represent clients in suits for breach of contract and business tort claims.
State and Local Tax Matters
- Represent clients in tax dispute litigation in Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals, Louisiana Tax Commission, state district courts, and Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Litigation of property tax valuation disputes, sales and use tax disputes, state personal and corporate income tax disputes, and franchise and excise tax disputes.
- Negotiate settlements of disputed tax amounts between state and local taxing authorities and taxpayers.
Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Counsel insurers on complex first-party policy coverage issues, including primary commercial property insurance, business income, business personal property, homeowners and automobile policies, executive liability, commercial general liability, errors and omissions, excess policies, and life insurance policies.
- Represent insurers in coverage disputes, bad faith claims, fraud allegations and breach of contract disputes.
- Represent insurers and their insureds in liability claims arising from industrial accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, and other types of tort and liability claims.
Real Estate Litigation
- Represent national title insurers and their insureds in coverage and title disputes, including actions to quiet title.
- Represent clients in breach of lease cases and assist clients with negotiation of terms of commercial leases.
- Assist clients with partitions of co-owned property.
- Prosecute suits on behalf of building owners over use of faulty construction materials and methods.
- Represent land owners in servitude, ownership, and possession disputes.
- Insurance coverage issues related to real estate.